Thursday, October 17, 2013

Super Secret Words Freebie

My kids love this center! They ohhhh and ahhhh when I introduce this! Gotta love the excitement of 5 year olds!

It is super easy to set up. Copy this page:
Write your sight words (or anything, really) with a white crayon. Students will color boxes with markers to reveal "Super Secret Words". They will then write revealed word on the recording sheet below. The End! Done! Easy enough??
Enjoy this freebie! Click on screenshots above for download.

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Do YOU prewrite the words in white crayon? I have 25 kiddos, seems like a lot of prep? Any way to make it easier? Any hints? Thanks!

Leanne said...

Do YOU prewrite the words in white crayon? I have 25 kiddos, seems like a lot of prep? Any way to make it easier? Any hints? Thanks!

2 Crazy Texas Teachers said...

Hi Leanne,
Unfortunately, I haven't found a shortcut yet. I am using these in a word work center so only 4-5 use them a day so a class set is lasting me a week. I am writing a few every day. Here are a couple of ideas I thought of:
1. have the kids right the words then switch with a friend.
2. What about a parent volunteer? I have working parents that would like to help from home. This would make a great activity for them.

Thanks for the comment!