Beg -Borrow- and Steal- that's our advice on how to become a CrAzY Awesome teacher! So lets start with Classroom Management!! Link up with you favorite classroom management tricks so we can steal some CrAzY ideas for next school year. Here are our favorites that we use "erry day...erry day".
1. Smellies- kids can earn smellies for following instructions the 1st time, getting in line without talking, no talking in the halls- however you call it. All it takes is a yummylicious smelling chapstick and rub a little on the back of their hand and bazam! Let them sniff away. And watch near the end of the year one or two will figure out how to run the backside of their hands together and pretend they actually earned 2 smellies!
2. Put a Bubble in your mouth- 1st week of school we teach them to "put a bubble in their mouth" I have since learned that I also need to teach them to breath through their nose while holding their bubble. We love love love the bubble because we can look at them clear across the room and make the bubble face without making a sound- and they miraculously find their bubble. Heck to the yeah!
3. Give me 5- Oldie but goodie. When we say "give me 5" students stop what they are doing, drop anything in their hands (unless its the classroom pet) put a bubble in their mouth (see #2 above) and eyes on the teacher, 'cause what we are about to say is super important; like that I am getting my hair done after school.
4. Response Songs- Teacher:"Ba ba ba ba ba...." and the kids respond "I'm lovin' it"- that tells them we need everyone's attention. There are lots of these fun songs you can do this with. I just particularly love McDonald's soft serve, its so soft and so cheap that I think of it a lot during the day so this song is used lots in our classroom. If Sonic had a song, that would be used the most because our team loves Sonic drinks, we love hem so much we are trying to incorporate "Thirsty Thursday" into the lesson plan each week for a Route 44 at happy hour time...I'll stop and we will save that for another post.
5. Earn a CrAzY straw- read about that here:
This is some of our CrAzY fun Classroom management ideas! We can't wait to see what everyone links up with that we can steal for our CrAzY classrooms!